Head MFL Teacher – French Specialism / Surrey
We are seeking a highly qualified and experienced Head of Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) Teacher to join a prestigious school in Surrey. As the Head of MFL, you will lead a dynamic team of language teachers and play a key role in shaping the language curriculum and fostering a love for languages among their students as well as being the French lead.
- Lead and manage the MFL department, providing guidance, support, and professional development opportunities for language teachers.
- Develop and implement an engaging and challenging MFL curriculum that meets the needs of students at different levels.
- Monitor and assess student progress, ensuring high academic standards and implementing strategies for improvement.
- Foster a positive learning environment that promotes enthusiasm for language learning and cultural understanding.
- Collaborate with other departments and teachers to integrate language learning across the curriculum.
You will have a good related Modern Language degree with a specialism in French or relevant teaching experience, from either working in a school or similar environment. In return, we can offer small class sizes and an outstanding benefits package including a competitive salary and pension scheme, shorter terms and longer holidays than the state sector, a staff wellbeing programme, EAP, staff discounts on fees, free lunch during term time, free tea and coffee and ample parking.
To apply you need to have:
- Up-to-date Knowledge of teaching French
- QTS and experience in teaching in UK Schools
- A desire to inspire students
- Flexible and adaptable
Class Cover is a specialist teaching agency supplying fully qualified teachers, tutors, ECTs and teaching assistants/learning support assistants to schools throughout South East
Our team of experienced education consultants are expertly placed to provide a dedicated professional service in finding you the positions which suit you. We offer:
- Day to day Supply
- Short term assignments
- Long term assignments
- Permanent Placements
Once you have let us know your preferences, then our education consultants will make sure that we match your talents with work opportunities and offer advice throughout.