Class Cover is a member of The Recruitment & Employment Federation (REC) who provide recruitment businesses with a wide range of training, legal, business and accreditation services. As a member of REC, Class Cover abide by the Code of Professional Practice. This ensures that our whole recruiting procedure adheres to all legal requirements and best practice.
REC accredited members are required to observe the highest principles of ethics, equity, integrity, professional conduct and fair practice in dealing with others and should conduct their business in a manner designed to enhance the operation, image and reputation of the recruitment industry.
Therefore all Class Cover teachers are:
- Interviewed: All teachers attend a personal face-to-face interview with a qualified interviewer, prior to placement
- Identity checked: We verify the identity of each teacher against official documents i.e. passport, driving licence etc.
- Enhanced DBS and Barred List checked
- Childcare disqualification declaration signed
- Qualifications verified
- Reference checked: We require at least two independent references
- Health checked: All our teachers must complete a medical declaration
- Identified for security purposes: A Class Cover security badge must be carried at all times when on school premises
- Permission to work for overseas teachers: We ensure that all teachers have been given valid and subsiding leave to reside and work in the UK
- Rehabilitation of the Offenders Act: All teachers are required to sign this during the application process
- Child protection training: Evidence is required or training provided.