• Q

    What type of work do Class Cover offer?

    Class Cover consultants work with Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Colleges and Specialist SEN Schools all over the South East.

    We offer both daily and long-term supply work for both qualified teachers and non-teaching support staff. Long-term positions are available for a number of reasons such as covering maternity leave, or long term sickness. We also work with clients looking to recruit for permanent positions.

  • Q

    How do I register with Class Cover?

    The first step is to get in touch with one of our consultants. Either apply to one of our advertised jobs online, or call us on freephone 0808 168 4040. We will invite you to visit your local office where we will complete a skills based interview and take copies of any necessary documents in order to complete your registration.

  • Q

    Will you be able to find me suitable work?

    Class Cover has established themselves as one of the South East’s leading education recruitment agencies, and have helped thousands of teacher and school support staff find work in education for 15 years, therefore we are ideally placed to find you suitable opportunities.

  • Q

    How much, and how often will I be paid?

    Pay levels vary depending on the type of job, your qualifications and your level of experience. You will be paid on a monthly basis following authorisation online of your timesheet.

  • Q

    Do you undertake any training or CPD?

    We offer all our teachers free online training in many areas. EduCare for Education® is our all-inclusive training course package written and endorsed by experts, that will meet all of your duty of care and compliance training needs.

    Unlimited access means that you can be confident that you are fully trained and able to provide the essential level of care and support that all children and young people deserve.

  • Q

    How do I authorise my timesheet?

    On registration you will be given login details for our online diary and timesheet system.

  • Q

    Returning to teaching?

    If you hold qualified teacher status, you can return to teaching in either a permanent or supply role at any time. There is currently no requirement for you to complete any formal training. However, if you have been out of the profession for more than 5 years, we would advise you to look at the available refresher courses which can be found of the DfE website.

  • Q

    Can I complete my induction year whilst working on supply?

    Yes. Under the current regulations, ECT's are able to complete their induction over 3 separate assignments in different schools, provided each is for a full term or more. If you are keen to complete your induction while on supply, Class Cover will work closely with you and ensure we find you a role in a school that will be able to provide you with the support you need.

    You may work on a short-term supply basis for up to 5 years from the date you obtained QTS. Once 5 years has elapsed, you may only accept a teaching post which will count towards your induction.

  • Q

    Do I have to pay to register?

    No. Registering with Class Cover is free. The only possible payment you will need to make is for a DBS check. However, if you currently have a valid DBS Disclosure and are registered with the update service, we may be able to accept this without having to run a new check.